The disreputable Blue Whale Challenge that aims to incite vulnerable youngsters into inflicting self-damage seems to have hit our nation as well. A large number of teenagers have been indulging in this notorious online game which is twisted in more ways than one. The game consists of a series of tasks which needs to completed by the players during a 50-day-period, with the final challenge requiring the player to commit suicide. This ludicrous game is responsible for corrupting the innocent and impressionable minds of teenagers, especially in India.
“The game was a devastating one, once you enter it, you won’t be able to come out.” This is what a nineteen-year-old boy Vignesh from Tamil Nadu wrote in his suicide note before finishing the fatal last step of the Blue Whale Challenge. Among more recent affairs, a class 11 student named Satvik Pandey residing in the Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh committed suicide by jumping in front of a train. His friends revealed to the police that he had been mentioning Blue Whale Challenge quite frequently to them two days before this incident took place.
Among more recent affairs, a class 11 student named Satvik Pandey residing in the Damoh district of Madhya Pradesh committed suicide by jumping in front of a train. His friends revealed to the police that he had been mentioning Blue Whale Challenge quite frequently to them two days before this incident took place.
The Blue Whale challenge, since its inception, has become quite an enigma, especially among the youth. The increased number of deaths as a result of this game is a major cause for concern. Thus there is an enormous responsibility which lies on the shoulders of parents of children especially adolescents. In this technologically equipped age that we are residing in, it is very natural for children to possess mobile phones and electronic gadgets. Parents should take notice of how their children are utilizing it, whether in a good or a bad way.
Addiction towards mobile phones and online games should be given an appropriate amount of attention by parents. They should know thoroughly what their children are up to. If they find something like addiction towards these things which has proven to be dangerous they should immediately take precautionary steps and give their wards proper counseling.
Below is the list of tasks which the Blue Whale Challenge demands its players to complete. If you see your kids, friends or anyone indulging into any such activities, make sure to take immediate action. (Source: Reddit)
- Carve with a razor “f57” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
- Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
- Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
- Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to the curator.
- If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
- Task with a cipher.
- Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
- Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
- You have to overcome your fear.
- Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
- Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to the curator.
- Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
- Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
- Cut your lip.
- Poke your hand with a needle many times
- Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
- Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
- Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
- Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
- The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
- Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
- Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
- Another task with a cipher.
- Secret task.
- Have a meeting with a “whale.”
- The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
- Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
- Don’t talk to anyone all day.
- Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
30-49. Every day you wake up at 4:20 am, watch horror videos, listen to music that “they” send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk “to a whale.”
- Jump off a high building. Take your life.
Share, so that others could be aware and save some innocent lives.